Constant rebooting after power loss
- From: Marko Lerota <mlerota@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:27:40 +0200
Today one of my home servers lost power two times in a short
period of time. After that, the system just couldn't get up.
Background checks couldn't get started. The messages was how
/ /tmp /var etc...had to much errors. And at the end, always
got this: "automatic reboot will start in 15sec".
I went to single user mode, and ran FSCK manually. That solved
the problem. But the server was down for 2 hours.
This is not the first time that I had to do this. Every now
and then I have seen this on BSD servers without UPS.
My question is:
Would it happen if I had ZFS as a file system on all partitions
The setup was FreeBSD 8.1, with two disks in raid 1 with gmirror.
Sent from my Gnus Mailer
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Any success stories for HAST + ZFS?
- Next by Date: Re: Constant rebooting after power loss
- Previous by thread: Re: Any success stories for HAST + ZFS?
- Next by thread: Re: Constant rebooting after power loss