panic, but /var/crash ist empty
- From: "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:44:17 +0000 (UTC)
running 8.2-RELEASE-p1 within VMWare ESXi 4.1-u1 I want to use raw
devices as hard disks. I create the devices using this link:
I tried 3 different hard drives (Seagate 2x80GB and 1x400GB SATA2)
which are fine on a physical machine. I also ran Seatool many hours on
all of them without errors.
I can partiton the disks and create a few files/directories on it. But
as soon as I copy a larger number of files to those disks (tried with
MBR and GPT) the VM reboots *instantly* (I tried cp, dump/restore and
rsync). No "Rebooting within 15 seconds", just *snap*. I think I can
see an panic but I'm not sure, it's too fast.
(as far as I can see most of the times the data on the first UFS slice
(and only the first UFS slice!) of the partition gets *severly*
corrupted, most of the time all that is left are a few files within
lost+found. Sometimes all the labels are gone but are recoverable using
The problem is that /var/crash remains empty.
What can I do to create a backtrace to open a PR?
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: MPS driver: force bus rescan after remove SAS cable
- Next by Date: correct way to setup gmirror on 7.4?
- Previous by thread: MPS driver: force bus rescan after remove SAS cable
- Next by thread: Re: panic, but /var/crash ist empty