Re: why is pkg_add on 9.0 stable still using packages from packages-9-current?

I've just updated from 9.0RC3 to 9.0-stable r229626 after a clean
install. However when trying to add the first packages I noticed that
pkg_add is installing packages from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-current/ and
not from package-9-stable which I would expect. In particular because
the package-9-stable directory does now exist on the server.

Using Google this appears to have to do with
/usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/add/main.c in which the following
revision appears to include the link:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/usr.sbin/pkg_install/add/main.c?r1=225757&r2=225756&pathrev=225757
However if I look at this specific source file on my system line 98
that brings in the link to packages-9-stable is missing (The file has
packages-9.0-release, but not packages-9-stable)

Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong would be highly appreciated as
I don't understand this.

*) uname -a shows 9.0-stable r229626; the update to latest stable has
been done according to handbook. No variables that could affect this
have been changed as it was a clean install using the 9.0RC3 bootdisk

Should have stayed at -release :)

I just had the same question and after doing some further research, the
issue is this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/freebsd-versions.html
and
pkbsdpkg:#pwd
/usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install
pkbsdpkg:#grep -R packages-9 *
add/main.c: { 900000, 900499, "/packages-9.0-release" },
add/main.c: { 900000, 999000, "/packages-9-current" },

They haven't updated main.c for -stable yet and -stable is at 900500 per
sys/sys/param.h [or URL]. I'm just setting
PACKAGESITE=ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-stable/Latest/
manually.

]Peter[

  • FS: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Which debian sources to use to install to Knoppix 4.0.2?
    ... running into a problem when I install software to version 4.0.2 that I ... Check out the list of extra packages to be installed, ... akregator ark cupsys cupsys-bsd cupsys-client gcc-4.0-base gs-common ... kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Apt Gone Mad?-Or Is It Me?-Expert Help Needed
    ... So tried to upgrade OO to 2.0 but Apt refused to do so. ... Aptitude doesn't show anything but Wajig shows unmet dependency for kdelibs-data. ... The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED: agsync arson barcode brahms cdda2wav cddb digikam digikamimageplugins gmessage guarddog guidedog hotswap-gui hotswap-text i2e id3v2 kbarcode kbear kbiff kdebase-dev kdirstat kile kimdaba klog klogic kmymoney2 knetfilter knutclient komba2 kover kprof kpsk krusader ksimus ksimus-boolean ksimus-datarecorder ksimus-floatingpoint ksocrat ksocrat-data kvdr kvirc kvirc-data kvirc-doc kwavecontrol kxmleditor lesstif2 libdynamite libimlib2-dev libkonq4-dev libmimedir liborange ... ChatagnierL-Home:/temp# wajig install openoffice.org Reading Package Lists... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
    (Debian-User)