Re: Restricting users from certain privileges

On Apr 28, 2012 4:03 PM, "Jason Hellenthal" <jhellenthal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
cp /usr/bin/vi ~/

or upload your own...

sudo $HOME/vi

If your Cmnd_Alias includes the full path to vi, then your last command
won't work.

  • Re: Restricting users from certain privileges
    ... or upload your own... ... sudo $HOME/vi ... If your Cmnd_Alias includes the full path to vi, then your last command ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: [kde] su identification
    ... assumes that you wish to invoke the root account and will demand Root ... A user may ONLY sudo as allowed in the /etc/sudoers ... allowing a command with any parameters ... This config allows my normal user to do whatever he'd normally be able to ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Apple recommending anti-virus software for Macs?
    ... > To be ultra-safe with the 'rm' command, ... Not a bad idea for root, It would drive me nuts in my user account. ... downloads directory and executing it. ... That I type an EOF is a trivial difference versus 'sudo' exiting ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Sudo
    ... >> in as adminB, then the system sees adminB on the ... >> If userA is not in sudoers, ... >> The sudo command itself only works for that command. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: any way to track commands of a user logged in through ssh
    ... applies _to that command only_. ... the command they want to run with 'sudo', ... I use/run a Shell command that requires 'root' privileges...Especially ... So what do you think about creating a separate 'group' for certain ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)