ixgbe: device missing when SPF+ isn't inserted? ixN: Hardware Initialization Failure
- From: dennis berger <db@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 21:10:19 +0200
can somebody fix the bug that the device ixN is missing when the cable mainly the SFP+ module isn't inserted during boot?!
Today I connected a new server to our storage system which has 3 ixgbe cards so 6 ports and is freebsd 9 based.
Then I have noticed that the link is missing and the free ports were missing from ifconfig. Checking the dmesg revealed the problem.
ixN: Hardware Initialization Failure SPF+ module missing *narf*
It's the same bug as this PR http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg00213.html
Thanks and have a good day,
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Problem detecting Sil3124 SATA controllers off of Sandy Bridge northbridge-connected PCIe slots
- Next by Date: Re: [stable 9] panic on reboot: ipmi_wd_event()
- Previous by thread: Problem detecting Sil3124 SATA controllers off of Sandy Bridge northbridge-connected PCIe slots
- Next by thread: Re: SOLVED: Time Clock Stops in FreeBSD 9.0 guest running under ESXi 5.0