[HPADM] How do I summarize my active users?

From: Abramson, Stuart (SAbramson_at_Wabtec.com)
Date: 08/13/03

    To: "Hpux-Admin (E-mail)" <hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl>
    Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:38:57 -0400

    hpux-admins:

    We are moving one old server's users and applications to another old server,
    to consolidate them on one server.

    How do I find out who uses the old system and who doesn't.

    I wrote a little script to "finger" each name in /etc/passwd:

            awk -F: '{print $1}' passwd | while read USER
            do
                    finger $USER
                 done

    but it just spits out raw info:

            Login name: lwwajeg In real life: Joe Gagor
            Bldg: LPD Shippin
            Directory: /home/lwwajeg Shell: /usr/bin/ksh
            Last login Fri Jul 5, 2002 on ttypd
            No Plan.

            Login name: wiwakn In real life: Kumar
    Natarajan
            Directory: /home/wiwakn Shell: /usr/bin/ksh
            Never logged in.
            No Plan.

            Login name: a334hep
            Directory: /home/a334hep Shell: /usr/bin/ksh
            Last login Fri Aug 8 07:20 on ttypb
            No Plan.

    Can I summarize that somehow with "awk"?

    What I want is something like, all on one line:

            username home directory Last login

                    Stuart

    Stuart Abramson | Off: 412/825-1434 | Cell: 412/417-1567 | email:
    sabramson@wabtec.com

    ***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE *****
    The content contained in this e-mail transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.

    • Re: Access Control Best Practices for shared hosting seem at odds with Web Site Starters
      ... the full context of the bullet I quoted appears to be the HTTP POST ... Do not allow anonymous user to have write permission. ... content to the server, then they can write anything onto the server. ... More secure alternatives are applications that store ...
    • Software Developer Lead for New Mobile Device Product
      ... with a client in Austin who has the following opening. ... is in need of a Passionate Software Developer who is hands-on to lead ... commercial work experience in both web and server side applications. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: Can AlbertCos tables be accessed?
      ... You don't have to learn the server side stuff. ... Access is a true RAD web development tool just like ... When you publish report in access web services, you actually wind up with a SQL server report definition report. ... And, even more interesting is this stuff designed around Microsoft's cloud computing initiative, which thus means massively scalable numbers of users for those applications. ...
      (comp.databases.ms-access)
    • RE: Terminal Services stops responding on our Windows Server 2003
      ... Your terminal server issue appears to have several potential causes. ... first thing to check are the applications running. ... initiate a best practices for deployment of terminal services. ...
    • Re: ADO future
      ... announced that Windows Server 2008 will be the last server OS supporting the ... Some server applications like Exchange ... ADO as my database drivers. ...
      (microsoft.public.data.ado)