[HPADM] RE: SUMMARY - couldn't query physical volume

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor_at_Schnucks.com)
Date: 09/15/03

    To: "Hpux-Admin@Dutchworks. Nl (E-mail)" <hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl>
    Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:49:06 -0500

    Thanks to Mohan Sundaram, Stuart Abramson, Jack Gallagher, and Don Manley
    for their responses. In general it will take some down time to
    vgexport/vgimport the volume group. I tried to do a vgreduce -f but that
    did not work. Don Manley suggested doing a vgchange -a n /dev/vg then a
    vgchange -a y /dev/vg then the vgreduce -f /dev/vg. I am not able to do
    this until the next scheduled down time at which time I will try all the
    suggestions. The system has two other paths an does use EMC PowerPath so
    everything is still running ok.

    Thanks,
    Jim Naylor
    Unix Systems Administrator