[HPADM] Help : mount command is missing.

ami.kumar_at_tcs.com
Date: 02/23/04

    To: hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl
    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:35:26 +0530

    Hello,

    I am facing problem on one of the K-Class HP file server. /sbin/mount
    command size is 0 bytes. After reboot of this machine, obviously it is
    unable to mount /usr, /var, /tmp and hence, it is not going into network.
    I have tried using mountall command, but i believe it uses mount
    internally.
    External storage are connected thru fiber to this machine and there are
    lots of volume group and logical volume on this.
    But it has only one internal disk.

    I have tried to boot using CD, so i could restore mount command either
    from CD itself or from /usr/bin. But booting from CD ask to install OS. As
    there is only one internal disk, we don't have option to install OS on
    other disk and then restore evertything. In this case, I have to reinstall
    OS on the same disk.

    Could you please give your valuable suggestion to resolve this issue.

    Otherwise I have to Install OS and then try to restore the data on LVM.
    In this case, I have to create all device file manually, activate volume
    group and then mount the logical volume.

    mkdir /dev/vg01
    cd /dev/vg01
    mknod /dev/vg01/group c 64 0x040000
    mknod /dev/vg01/lvol1 c 64 0x040001
    mknod /dev/vg01/lvol1 b 64 0x040001

    vgchange -a y /dev/vg01

    I am not sure, if this will work. If you have other good way, please let
    me know.

    Thanks,
    Amit

    • Re: smbfs mount
      ... I've setup samba on a file server. ... Now I'd like to make a share that would allow guest to login, ... Basically I can't mount the ... using the mount command. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Mount point - timeout
      ... Is the process that runs the command in the foreground (an icon you ... You can also put these mount options/variables in /etc/fstab IF YOU ... from trying to mount the NFS file at boot). ... Is the file server down, ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
      ... mkraid command and the mount command in the script as you suggested (in no ... Otherwise specify the same mkraid and mount command in /etc/rc.local. ... it has no proper file system to mount. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: [SLE] Still cannot update beyond original KDE3.3--Exhausted and Depressed
      ... Open Yast, Click on Software, ... to attach the contents of the disks to the existing filesystem. ... mount point is the directory in the filesystem you will attach those ... > Like perhaps give the the exact command and where to ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
      ... with out the fstab /dev/md0 hashed out. ... have u tried to use the mount ... command to fix bad blocks like you suggested or has this done it already. ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
      (RedHat)