[HPADM] ServiceGuard on Mission Critical 11i

From: Stocker, Nick (Nick.Stocker_at_logicacmg.com)
Date: 08/13/04

    To: "HPadmin (E-mail)" <hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl>
    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:33:37 +0100

    Dear Gurus,

    I am attempting to install MirrorDisk and ServiceGuard on a Mission Critical
    (11i) server.

    I have been told that because we've purchased Mission Critical then MD and
    SG are unlocked (i.e no need for codewords).

    I have also been told that you need special application cd's for Mission
    Critical.

    Has anyone else done this and/or does anyone know what APPLICATION CD's I
    should be using for SG and MD?

    The ones I have are Application CD's from Dec 2003 but these don't mention
    "mission critical" and are locked.

    I would appreciate a quick response to this so I know what I should be
    asking for!!!

    Cheers,
    Nick Stocker.

    • [HPADM] SUMMARY HP ServiceGuard question
      ... It seems that using a piece of software called Quorum Server is a form of arbitration service that can be used instead of a shared disk. ... I'll be learning about this feature that would help me implement a two nodes ServiceGuard cluster without the classic lock disk. ... I'm thinking in two hp-ux servers both running the core application that access data over the network and ServiceGuard is there ready to move the production server to the standby server in case of failure. ... El error de transmisión no implica renuncia a la privacidad y confidencialidad. ...
      (HP-UX-Admin)
    • [HPADM] Re: HP ServiceGuard question
      ... Have an application running on a server which is reached via an IP address and in case of a server failure this IP is moved to the standby server for clients to keep on using the application. ... The data is on a different server not part of this cluster so there is no need to have any storage to share between the cluster nodes including a lock disk. ... I have seen installations of serviceguard that did nothing but just move the ip around. ... El error de transmisión no implica renuncia a la privacidad y confidencialidad. ...
      (HP-UX-Admin)
    • Re: Shared FS
      ... partition for both servers for sharing files (for Oracle E-Buisiness ... Veritas cluster filesystem + ServiceGuard ... system in which you have one stend-by server and one doing the job you ...
      (comp.sys.hp.hpux)