[HPADM] rp3410/rp3440 processors

From: Paul van Westerlaak (Paul.van.Westerlaak_at_rivm.nl)
Date: 09/07/04

    To: hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl
    Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:25:44 +0200

    Hi Admins,

    Can anyone tell me what the CPU/processor options for the rp3410/rp3440
    servers are?
    I'm not clear about the following points:

    Are all PA-8800 processors dual core?

    How many processors can you install in a rp3410? The system is described as
    being able to use two PA-8800 processors. Does this mean two dual-core
    processors for a total of 4 CPU's, one dual-core processor or two
    single-core processors?

    What does the option A9770A "HP rp3410 2nd CPU firmware activation" do?
    Does it activate the second CPU core on a dual core processor or does it
    activate the second (single core) processor?

    TIA

    Cheers,
    Paul

    • Re: DAW specs
      ... > Is this 2 processors or a dual-core processor ... The X2 is a dual core, ... I'd add the caveat about having a SATA bus that's off the southbridge, ... >> 2 GB RAM ...
      (rec.audio.pro)
    • Re: Dual Core or Dual processors
      ... >if apache will perform better in a linux enviroment with a dual core ... the consensus seemed to be that the dual-core processor would yield ...
      (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)