[HPADM] Sendmail - how to hide the hostname

From: Shiff Israel (ISRAELSH_at_pelephone.co.il)
Date: 01/18/05

    Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:10:19 +0200
    To: <hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl>

    Hi,
    How can I config the sendmail.cf to hide the hostname and leave only the
    domain name?
    For example:
    When mailing from the user kuku on host abba.mtv.com - the sender is
    kuku@abba.mtv.com, I want it to be kuku@mtv.com.

    TIA,
    Israel.

    • Re: domain name
      ... I never had a problem with the hostname. ... troubles when the host is a server on the 'Net with a static IP and ... Seems to me it should return "localhost" in that case, ... configuration internally consistent with a private configuration in ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: hostnames and interfaces
      ... Apache documentation on doing virtual hosts and maybe do some ... A fully Qualified Host Name consists of two main parts. ... During installation, when it asks for hostname, it wants a Fully ... service what DNS server will be providing DNS service for that domain. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: /bin/hostname
      ... Find a real news server. ... in /etc/hosts that maps the host and the FQDN to the static IP ... Linux distributions are supposed to follow Linux Standard Base standards, ... hostname -- show or set the system's host name ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Renaming machine and /etc/hosts
      ... Note that "localhost" is as has been described, ... machine's actual hostname - so this machine can /only/ find itself as ... qualified hostname for the loopback IP numbers. ... Ethernet and send traffic to it from this host it will be looped too. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • RE: apache not starting: FreeBSd 5.4
      ... Assigning a Host name to your FBSD system. ... statement hostname= to /etc/rc.conf. ... registered domain name on the public Internet (unless of course it's ...
      (freebsd-questions)