[HPADM] boot failure on visualize J5600

marinerux_at_gmx.net
Date: 06/06/05

    Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:49:38 +0200 (MEST)
    To: hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl

    Hi there,

    I have a problem with booting up a HP Visualize J5600 workstation.
    While stating the machine stops at the hardwarecheck with this failure
    showing on the LCD in Front of the workstation:

    FLT 7830: DIMM
    Replace DIMM 00

    alternating with this one:

    FLT 7891: DIMM
    dup entry in PDT

    I have removed the RAM on Bank 0.
    To solve the problem I have put in a other DIMM bank from another J5600
    workstation. Result is the same errormessage.

    I the owner's guide of the machine I couldn't find infos of how I can solve
    the problem. I only saw a chance in clearing the PDT. But if I want to do
    this, I need to come into the boot console.

    Can I skip the check and anyhow boot the machine? If yes, how?
    what could be the reason for this problem.

    Thanks a lot,

    Corsin

    ------

    Baden - Switzerland
    mailto: marinerux@gmx.net

    ------

    No software patents in europe
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

    --
    Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
    ++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++