[HPADM] System Node Name in "btmp" file
- From: "Whittemore, Dale" <dale.whittemore@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:56:07 -0700
A bit of unusualness here, well I haven't see it before.
When doing a 'lastb' command on and 11.0 system, for the first time, an actual
system's node name showed up in the device field:
Login Name Device Date
SDFMD16 <node name> Wed Nov 30 08:14
<node name> = system's node name.
The system in this case is a walkup PC on a factory floor used for inputting shop
floor data via a barcode reader into an MRP application.
Has anyone seen this before and is it accepted or is it not supposed to happen?
Normally I see a "pts/t-something" or "remshd" in the device field.
Senior Unix System Administrator
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] Reboot Problem
- Next by Date: [HPADM] RE: [SUMMARY] System Node Name in "btmp" file
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] Reboot Problem
- Next by thread: [HPADM] RE: [SUMMARY] System Node Name in "btmp" file