[HPADM] Anonymous FTP access
- From: "O'Donovan, Kevin" <Kevin.O'Donovan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:43:49 -0600
We've had anonymous FTP access enabled on a particular server and it has
been working fine, but now it will not allow anonymous login.
Last weekend I converted the server to be a trusted system, I don't know if
this is related, but it's the only change I'm aware of on the system lately,
apart from a reboot last weekend also (unrelated to the trusted system
The ftp user is there, '*' as the passwd field (both /etc/passwd and the
file in /tcb), ftpaccess appears ok (last modified quite a while back) and
appears to be setup as per any documentation I've found so far.
When I try to ftp to the server as either user 'anonymous' or 'ftp' it
returns an error message:
530 Guest login not permitted.
Anyone come across this problem with trusted systems, or can suggest
anything can do to get anonymous ftp working again?
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] Data Protector 5.50 D2D2T
- Next by Date: [HPADM] SUMMARY: Anonymous FTP access
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] Data Protector 5.50 D2D2T
- Next by thread: [HPADM] SUMMARY: Anonymous FTP access