[HPADM] /usr/ccs/bin/ar corruption
- From: "Shaw, Marco" <Marco.Shaw@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:20:34 -0300
System: HP-UX 11.23 PA-RISC
I'm getting errors with ar trying to install some packages.
root@[foo]/var/adm/sw> ls -l /usr/ccs/bin/ar
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 28112 Oct 29 2003 /usr/ccs/bin/ar
root@[foo]/var/adm/sw> file /usr/ccs/bin/ar
/usr/ccs/bin/ar: ELF-32 executable object file
ksh: /usr/ccs/bin/ar: cannot execute
That size doesn't match at all the size of ar on another of
our HP-UX 11.23 servers.
We don't have a backup of this system (might have a Ignite
done, not sure). Can I simply copy ar from another server
running the same OS? Can I reinstall a particular package?
What's the easiest way to fix this?
---> Please post QUESTIONS and SUMMARIES only!! <---
To subscribe/unsubscribe to this list, contact majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name: hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Owner: owner-hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Archives: ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin (FTP, browse only)
http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin (Web, browse & search)
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] stalled printers - checklist
- Next by Date: [HPADM] SUMMARY: /usr/ccs/bin/ar corruption
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] stalled printers - checklist
- Next by thread: [HPADM] SUMMARY: /usr/ccs/bin/ar corruption