[HPADM] Network driver cannot bind a name to the port
- From: Edi CAHYADI <edi.cahyadi@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:45:49 +0800
OS: HP-UX 11.11
Informix: IBM IDS v9.40.
This may be off-topic, but I am hoping there are Informix admins out there who can help me.
Our Informix DBA is unable to bring up the DB. From "onstat -m", below is the error message:
14:53:56 listener-thread: err = -25572: oserr = 13: errstr = : Network driver cannot bind a name to the port.
System error = 13.
14:53:56 sql_listener: ASF_LISTEN failed
Checking /etc/services, we found 2 entries that seem conflicting:
kerberos 750/tcp kdc # Kerberos (server) tcp -kfall
informix_sv 750/tcp # Informix control
But even though I comment out the kerberos, Informix is still unable to bring up. And if informix_sv uses different port (just for testing), we can bring up Informix. The DBA insists to use port 750/tcp.
Has anybody encounter such problem?
---> Please post QUESTIONS and SUMMARIES only!! <---
To subscribe/unsubscribe to this list, contact majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name: hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Owner: owner-hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Archives: ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin (FTP, browse only)
http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin (Web, browse & search)
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] SUMMARY: Cloning printers configured with JetAdmin
- Next by Date: [HPADM] changing NGROUP to 32
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] SUMMARY: Cloning printers configured with JetAdmin
- Next by thread: [HPADM] changing NGROUP to 32