[HPADM] Lvcreate and stripping
- From: "BAKHSHESH Kazem" <BAKHSHEK@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:19:04 +0200
In a stripping mode as I know, when there is no any Free PE, we have to
destroy the PVG and recreate it again with the new disk
to add the disk to the PVG but the disk added this way would
no more be stripped.
So and after man and others docs, I think we can use the stripping without
The use of lvmpvg.
Lets have the vg05 with 6 disks
lvcreate -L 100 -i 6 /dev/vg05
lvcreate -L 100 -i 6 -I 64 /dev/vg05
Which one is fine ?
Is it a good way to use stripping or I have to use lvmpvg ?
Kazem Bakhshesh(Administrateur Système : HP-UX)
E-Mail : bakhshek@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel : 01.72.94.73.09
---> Please post QUESTIONS and SUMMARIES only!! <---
To subscribe/unsubscribe to this list, contact majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name: hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Owner: owner-hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Archives: ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin (FTP, browse only)
http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin (Web, browse & search)
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] OT: Cascade Brocade Switches
- Next by Date: [HPADM] Identify the disk which server booted ( on mirror mair)
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] OT: Cascade Brocade Switches
- Next by thread: [HPADM] lvreduce -m 0 command