[HPADM] Tape Life Cycle / Tape Destruction Guidelines/ Procedure
- From: "Kennedy Doss" <kdossjojo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:53:07 -0500
I need help with putting together some a piece of documentation. (I am
very poor in that). I need some information about the life cycle of a
tape (we use LTO3s here). I am looking at information about how many
times a tape is used/reused before it is ready to be
retired/destroyed. How it is destroyed so that the confidential data
doesnt get into the wrong hands etc. etc.
I tried googling for information, but I haven't really been able to
lay my hands on anything useful. Any input from you guys would be most
appreciated. If you can point me to some sites where I could get this
kinda information, I would really be very thankful.
---> Please post QUESTIONS and SUMMARIES only!! <---
To subscribe/unsubscribe to this list, contact majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name: hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Owner: owner-hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Archives: ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin (FTP, browse only)
http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin (Web, browse & search)
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] strangeness in use of secure shell from cron...
- Next by Date: [HPADM] FTPD UMASK
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] strangeness in use of secure shell from cron...
- Next by thread: [HPADM] FTPD UMASK