[HPADM] Urgent: pull out/put in GUI console won't reset console hung by SAM
- From: "sunhux G" <sunhux@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:01:46 +0800
Both our root & oracle accounts in HP-UX B11.23 were locked
/disabled due to too many attempts to login.
From the GUI console, we can click an "Options" button toselect "Command Line" & this allows the disabled root to
login. However, the first thing we did was to launch SAM
(without setting TERM correctly) & now this GUI console is
"hung" due to garbled SAM display.
HP said it should be possible to pull out the console cable
behind the server & plug it back again & this will reset the
GUI console & put us back into Login: prompt.
Our hardware is HP Itanium Integrity rx2620.
We tried all the following :
a)pull out the VGA cable & put back
b)pull out the USB cable (ie goes to console keyboard) & put back
c)pull out the DB25 cable (labelled Remote/UPS/console) & put back
but the GUI console does not reset & give us back
the Login: prompt
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] Kernel : vmunix: file: table is full
- Next by Date: [HPADM] Re: Urgent: pull out/put in GUI console won't reset console hung by SAM
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] Kernel : vmunix: file: table is full
- Next by thread: [HPADM] Re: Urgent: pull out/put in GUI console won't reset console hung by SAM