[HPADM] Multiple paths to a SAN disk
- From: "Shaw, Marco" <Marco.Shaw@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:56:59 -0300
Next question for today...
I might not explain this clearly enough...
Our HP-UX servers have 2 fiber connections acting as redundant paths to
our SAN. Basically, we use pvlinks for path failover. The system has
just been provided a new disk. Ioscan is listing the device twice
basically with a different c/t/d.
I can't find anything on how to configure this dual-path device to put
it into LV management. I run pvcreate against both, for example, then
move on? Pvlinks only comes into play after I have a VG?
Ultimately, I need to use this new disk to increase an existing LVOL.
In the lab, my plan is to use a existing disk to create a VG/LVOL, then
use this new disk to extend it.
(Our docs have gone missing, and our memory is starting to fail.)
I can't remember if pvlinks applies to disks or VGs. Likely the latter,
but I'm going to look that up after lunch.
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] 11.31: Co-Relating Persistent & Legacy Device Files
- Next by Date: [HPADM] SUMMARY: 11.31: Co-Relating Persistent & Legacy Device Files
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] 11.31: Co-Relating Persistent & Legacy Device Files
- Next by thread: [HPADM] SUMMARY: 11.31: Co-Relating Persistent & Legacy Device Files