[HPADM] Problem Installing XML::LibXML on HP-UX 11.31 Itainium

Good day all,

I am in need of any suggestions to get this perl module installed. We
are running on an HP rx8640 with HP-IX 11.31. I have been working for
days trying to get this module installed. I have installed libxml2
binary from the HP porting archive and tried to install XML::LibXML
without any luck, I have tried to download the source for libxml2,
compile it and then try to install XML::LibXML. I tried specifying the
LIBS and INCL on the command line and still no luck. Whether I install
the binary version of libxml2 or compile and install the source version,
it installs the libraries in /usr/local/lib and the includes in
/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml. I still get the error that libxml2
not found. I have tried perl Makefile.PL DEBUG=1
LIBS='-L/usr/local/lib' INC='-I/usr/local/include' and perl Makefile.PL
DEBUG=1 LIBS='-L/usr/local/lib' INC='-I/usr/local/include/libxml2' and
perl Makefile.PL DEBUG=1 LIBS='-L/usr/local/lib'
INC='-I/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml'. Any help would be
appreciated.

# perl Makefile.PL DEBUG=1 LIBS='-L/usr/local/lib'
INC='-I/usr/local/include'

enable native perl UTF8

running xml2-config... xml2-config --version

ok

looking for -lxml2... perl Makefile.PL 'INC=-I/usr/local/include'
'LIBS=-L/usr/local

/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm' 'DEFINE= -DHAVE_UTF8'

INC = -I/usr/local/include

LIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm

DEFINE = -DHAVE_UTF8

Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lz

Writing Makefile for Conftest

make test 'OTHERLDFLAGS='

Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL

Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...

make -f Makefile.old clean > /dev/null 2>&1

/opt/perl5/bin/perl Makefile.PL

Writing Makefile for Conftest

==> Your Makefile has been rebuilt. <==

==> Please rerun the make command. <==

false

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

system call to 'make test 'OTHERLDFLAGS='' failed at Makefile.PL line
168.

no

looking for -llibxml2... perl Makefile.PL 'INC=-I/usr/local/include'
'LIBS=-L/usr/lo

cal/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm' 'DEFINE= -DHAVE_UTF8'

INC = -I/usr/local/include

LIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm

DEFINE = -DHAVE_UTF8

Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lz

Writing Makefile for Conftest

make test 'OTHERLDFLAGS='

Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL

Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...

make -f Makefile.old clean > /dev/null 2>&1

/opt/perl5/bin/perl Makefile.PL

Writing Makefile for Conftest

==> Your Makefile has been rebuilt. <==

==> Please rerun the make command. <==

false

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

system call to 'make test 'OTHERLDFLAGS='' failed at Makefile.PL line
168.

no

libxml2 not found

Try setting LIBS and INC values on the command line

Or get libxml2 from

http://www.libxml.org/

If you install via RPMs, make sure you also install the -devel

RPMs, as this is where the headers (.h files) are.

root@mercury:[/var/spool/sw/downloads/XML-LibXML-Common-0.13]

#

The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Relevant Pages