[HPADM] Re: 9000/715 firmware boot syntax
- From: Corne Beerse <cbeerse@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:22:27 +0200
Corne Beerse wrote:
stan wrote:Sorry, better look at chapter 4, page 4-13 and 4-14. That is what you are looking for!We are trying to recover a 715/100, and it has been a long time. I have putOpen Source rules: Start at http://www.openpa.net/ (that came from deep inside my memory ;-) and find your way in the collected documentation: http://www.openpa.net/systems/hp-9000_715.html has a pointer to the reference manual at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpv37699/lpv37699.pdf which in turn has a lot of information. There, chapter 3 (around page 3-20) is some boot information listed. You might need to configure your disks/cdrom and put the scsi-addresses in the right position, specially if you use an alternate device.
the install CD in the CD drive, and it shows up in a search from the boot
firmware as scsi.2.0. I was thinking thta "boot scsi.2.0" should boot this.
But maybe I am wrong.
Anyone know what the syntax here is?
Come to think of it, not every pa-risk machine can boot from every scsi-cdrom, I recall by head (and from far away) scsi-settings like blocksize that must be altered between 0.5 and 2 KB block sizes.
---> Please post QUESTIONS and SUMMARIES only!! <---
To subscribe/unsubscribe to this list, contact majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name: hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Owner: owner-hpux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Archives: ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin (FTP, browse only)
http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin (Web, browse & search)
- Prev by Date: [HPADM] Re: 9000/715 firmware boot syntax
- Next by Date: [HPADM] Vulnerability questions : a) latest Apache version b) sybaseanywhere
- Previous by thread: [HPADM] Re: 9000/715 firmware boot syntax
- Next by thread: [HPADM] Vulnerability questions : a) latest Apache version b) sybaseanywhere