Ultra 10 Motherboard troubleshooting

From: anil bindal (bindal@dcmtech.co.in)
Date: 04/15/03

    From: anil bindal <bindal@dcmtech.co.in>
    To: "sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org" <sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org>
    Date: 15 Apr 2003 17:00:31 +0530

    Hi all,

    Would like to thank all who responded back with solutions. It is the
    Mother board which is bad and not giving any display on CRT ( on board
    VGA ) or on serial -A conncted to laptop ( Hyper Terminal )

    What should be my next approach ?

    1) What if i migrate the HDD to a working ultra 10 machine ?
    2) My next problem would be how to make various licenses work on the new
    machine but with the failed MB host -id . For this i think i can just
    replace the NVRAM of the good MB with the failed MB NVRAM chip.But if it
    still does not solve the problem , then is it safe to altogether change
    the host-id in the NVRAM chip of the good MB to host-id of the failed MB
    . Any experiences on this ??

    Also to further diagnose the problem, is it OK if i just replace the
    NVRAM chip on the faulty MB with a good one ( from a working machine MB
    ) to see if the display comes ??

    Could display problem be caused by faulty NVRAM ?? Since the KBD flashes
    once , i guess CPU is fine. there is slso one beep heard but no display.

    Once again thanks for all your help.

    regards
    anil bindal

    [demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]

    • Re: Sun system - no display
      ... Mother board which is bad and not giving any display on CRT (on board ... replace the NVRAM of the good MB with the failed MB NVRAM chip.But if it ... > After some time it stopped responding to console and ping from other ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Looking for Documentation
      ... Does anyone know where I can go and download specs for a mother board? ... I've formatted and installed Windows 2000 but now I have NIC card, display ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
    • Re: Looking for Documentation
      ... >> Does anyone know where I can go and download specs for a mother board? ... >> and PCI controller issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)