tar job & crontab help

From: bmyster admin (mrb_at_bmyster.com)
Date: 06/04/03

    Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:22:07 -0400 (EDT)
    To: <sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org>

    Hello,
    Forgive me as I am more familier with BSD than Solaris. Im maintaining
    several E250 Sun boxes with Solaris 9 on them. My question is Ive written
    a couple shell scripts that do tar backups of certain files & databases on
    these machines. When i run the script manually as root ...they run
    fine...however when i add the script to crontab by doing
    #crontab -e root

    and adding the following

    ### tar backup of /db/
    0 3 * * 1-5 /home/network/tarscript.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

    the script runs but creates an emtpy tar file or doesnt run at all
    also I havent been able to collect any output from dmesg or logging to
    find the problem. As well as all the paths within the scripts are explicit
    ...the full path to whatever.Any and all help is greatly appreciated

    Thank you

    --
    Bmyster Advanced Networks & Webhosting:
    Brent Bailey