tar job & crontab help

From: bmyster admin (mrb_at_bmyster.com)
Date: 06/04/03

    Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:22:07 -0400 (EDT)
    To: <sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org>

    Hello,
    Forgive me as I am more familier with BSD than Solaris. Im maintaining
    several E250 Sun boxes with Solaris 9 on them. My question is Ive written
    a couple shell scripts that do tar backups of certain files & databases on
    these machines. When i run the script manually as root ...they run
    fine...however when i add the script to crontab by doing
    #crontab -e root

    and adding the following

    ### tar backup of /db/
    0 3 * * 1-5 /home/network/tarscript.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

    the script runs but creates an emtpy tar file or doesnt run at all
    also I havent been able to collect any output from dmesg or logging to
    find the problem. As well as all the paths within the scripts are explicit
    ...the full path to whatever.Any and all help is greatly appreciated

    Thank you

    --
    Bmyster Advanced Networks & Webhosting:
    Brent Bailey

    • Re: sunmanagers Digest, Vol 28, Issue 14
      ... I have an V65x server x86 base, how do I format this box? ... I inser a solaris 9 cd and boot up try to do stop a so I can boot from ... need script to measure system performance. ... Moving a disk from SPARC to x86 ...
      (SunManagers)
    • RE: Telnetd exploit for solaris
      ... Subject: Telnetd exploit for solaris ... > You owe script kiddies... ... The computer and software industries owe script kiddies NOTHING. ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • Re: Massive Memory Structures
      ... (Solaris on sparc, Solaris on x86_64) ... script, I get an out of memory error and the script dies. ... what options do I need to compile in to make this happen. ... It will create a 5g test file, ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • Re: syslog to send msg to last user in printer queue
      ... > Jetdirect software to configure the printer on a Solaris ... > of Solaris that deliver each print job to the printer. ... and the interface initializes the printer and then ... the HP interface script does more than initialize ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: syslog to send msg to last user in printer queue
      ... >Where boven1 is the printername in Solaris. ... of Solaris that deliver each print job to the printer. ... own printer interface script. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)