maximum number of instances of a package already met!?

From: Andy Ford (andy.ford_at_telindus.co.uk)
Date: 11/07/03

    To: sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org
    Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:45:19 +0000

    Hi everyone

    I seem to be getting the error below when trying to install gcc 3.3 on
    my sunfire with solaris 2.8
    --------------------------------------
    Processing package instance <SMCgcc> from
    </tmp/gcc-3.3.2-sol8-sparc-local>

    gcc
    (sparc) 3.3.2

    Current administration requires that a unique instance of the
    <SMCgcc> package be created. However, the maximum number of
    instances of the package which may be supported at one time on the
    same system has already been met.

    No changes were made to the system.

    What does that mean - any ideas

    Thanks

    Andy

    --
    perl -e 'print qq^;@) [###]^^qq^z\.MY{eLQ9^'
    in:control developer, Telindus, RG27 9HY

    • different gcc in zone
      ... Can I uninstall SMCgcc in the sub-zone safely (without affecting the global ... zone) and then install the Sunfreeware package in the sub-zone? ... Processing package instance from ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Install gcc without gcc
      ... > Is there a way to install gcc without previous version of gcc? ... You just need a working C compiler. ... package. ... In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • C compiler cannot create executables when installing OpenLDAP SOLUTION ...
      ... Remove all references in of "cc" in your PATH and install gcc, ... www.sunfreeware.com as a package. ... This should resolve your problem. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)