RE: Iplanet locale problem

From: Kanellopoulos Angelos (ASKanell_at_athens2004.com)
Date: 03/12/04

    Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:10:57 +0200
    To: <sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org>

    Thank you all for your replies.
    Special thanks to Erik Ham who gave me the solution and Singh Kuldeep for
    spending lots of time figuring whats the problem.
    Solaris 9 has en_US.UTF-8 locale as an optional locale so you need to install
    the packages as the following page describes, if you are facing problems with
    the specified locale.
    Thanks again all of you guys.
    http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/

    Angelos Kanellopoulos
    Unix administrator
    Atos Origin Hellas

    Angelos,

    I assume you're using Solaris 9? I ran into a similar problem on a fresh
    Solaris 9 install that was missing the en_US.UTF-8 locale. Check out the
    following link:

    http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/

    Apparently this locale is now optional in Solaris 9 whereas it was installed
    by default in Solaris 8. There is a script on that page you can use to
    install the packages which are all listed under the link for "American English
    Unicode".

    I hope this helps.

    -Eric

    "Kanellopoulos Angelos" <ASKanell@athens2004.com>
    Sent by: sunmanagers-bounces@sunmanagers.org

    03/09/2004 07:21 AM

    <sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org>

    cc

    Subject
    Iplanet locale problem

    Hello solaris-guru's
    I have a problem while starting an iplanet web-server instance. I get the
    error " Could't set locale correctly" and the application is malfunctioning.
    The application part needs en_US.UTF-8 installed in the system. I checked
    under /lib/locale/ and the fonts weren't there but they were under
    /usr/openwin/lib/locale, so i copied them over to /lib/locale but it didnt
    work.
    Does anybody has any idea how can i set the path for locale in Iplanet or if
    that's not the problem how can i fix it ?
    thank you .

    Angelos Kanellopoulos
    Unix administrator
    Tel: 210-3446275
    <<ole0.bmp>>

    [demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type image/bmp which had a name of
    ole0.bmp]