SUMMARY: What versions of Solaris will run as LDAP clients?

From: Dave Martini 1 (martini_at_mrpeabody.llnl.gov)
Date: 04/28/04

    Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:16:18 -0700 (PDT)
    To: sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org

    Looks like you must be at Solaris 8 or higher to run the
    LDAP client on Solaris.

    There are two main LDAP inplementations, Sun One Directory Server
    and Open LDAP. If you have Solaris systems, Sun One Directory Server
    is SUN's version of LDAP.

    Also, there is an article in the May issue of SysAdmin magazine
    regarding using LDAP to manage unix accounts. www.samag.com.

    Sun also has a blueprint book out on the subject.
    http://www.bookpool.com/.x/dcpehhtnfr/sm/0131456938

    Dave Martini
    LLNL

    • RE: LDAP in Unix
      ... Subject: LDAP in Unix ... Solaris and AIX. ... If you want to limit which hosts a user can access, ... I would like to use Sun ONE Directory server and centralise the user ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • LDAP client behaviour - Solaris 9 vs 10
      ... I'm in the midst of converting our organisation's Solaris Naming Services ... in the way clients access the LDAP server depending on whether they are ... I did most of my principal testing with a Solaris 10 client, ... #1 - on the boot of the client a couple of anonymous connections would ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Solaris 8 not giving password expire warning with ldap?
      ... I have Solaris 8 secured ldap clients using tls:simple auth method to ... Sun ONE DS 5.2. ... I converted from using NIS to LDAP - quite a chore. ... The issue is that I do not get a warning that the password will expire ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Hardening NIS+
      ... are you aware that Sun has already announced EOL for NIS+ ... > Solaris and supporting them as Sun products. ... > I haven't seen a Solaris 9 install or if they've made using LDAP with PAM ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Known Solaris and LDAP Problems
      ... I'll post this list of Solaris and LDAP problems to comp.unix.solaris ... o Use the Directory Server Console ... Newer Solaris 9 style profile works only after patching. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)