SUMMARY:: yp faults on workstations (transport level create failure )

umitkaan.sonal_at_turkcell.com.tr
Date: 06/24/04

    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:03:56 +0300
    To: <sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org>

    Thanks for the answers,
    Problem was solved after restarting NIS (ypstop, ypstart).
    Kaan

    --------------

    1- Hi,
    please take a look at /etc/nsswitch.conf .

    A working one should have entries like :
    passwd: files nis
    hosts: files nis
    if you have
    passwd: nis files
    then it can cause an delay, because the Client waits for nis timeout
    before asking the local files...
    HTH,
    Aleks

    2- The "su" command wants to read the entire group map; for some reason
    doing that over tcp appears to fail.
    If you have a "netid" map, you can speed this up by specifying:
    NETID_AUTHORITATIVE=TRUE
    in /etc/default/nss
    I'm not sure exactly which release/patch we introduced that in.
    The ypserver seems to be having trouble; you might want to restart it
    (and make sure you have the latest ypserv and libthread patches)

    Casper