password problem

From: Neeraj Rohliyan (neeraj_rohliyan_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/14/04

    To: <sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org>
    Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:07:27 +0530

    I have a solaris 8 system in this system when i run the #passwd command it
    give me the following error
    (ld.so.1 : fatal : passwd : passwdutil.so.1 open failed : no such file and
    directory)
    To overcome this problem i have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. By doing so
    now i can able to change the password
    but when i run the passwd command it ask me for the current password even when
    i run the command with root user.It will
    please suggest me possible cause and solution for that problem.

    Thanks & Regards

    Neeraj