Partial Summary/Update on Multipathing w/ dual Lightpulse LP9802DC
To: email@example.com Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:21:18 GMT
Thanks to all who replied (Tom Payerle, Victor Engle, and Vincent Bolay).
Initial problem: multipathing/failover with a dual HBA from Emulex (the
1. Look at Veritas Volume Manager
2. See what your storage vendor has in the way of RDAC drivers
Also, multipathing is less of an issue than failover.
1. Downloaded IBM RDAC driver for FAStT (taken from the FAStT Storage Manager
3. Failover works on a very limited basis (see below)
1. Panic when data is copied onto new SAN partition
I can run newfs, mount the filesystem, touch a file, and list the files on the
new filesystem. I can even pull cables and it will failover (i.e., I can
continue to do a file listing). But when I attempt to copy a file onto the new
partition it panics.
Anyone see this before? I am not getting a lot out information from
/var/adm/messages, etc. This is Solaris 9, and I am looking into kernel patches.
sunmanagers mailing list