SUMMARY: problem : install openssl

From: Stephen Buckmelter (Stephen.Buckmelter_at_sun.com)
Date: 02/08/05

    Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:06:48 -0700
    To: sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org

    Thanks to those that provided the following answer.

    Within the <openssl src root>/fips subdirectories there are several
    Makefiles that use a syntax construction that confuses the compiler.

    Look for Makefiles where EXHEADER is not assigned a value:

    EXHEADER=

    and the following line appears:

    for i in $(EXHEADER) ;

    Change this line to:

    for i in "$(EXHEADER)" ;

    I had to do this to about 5 Makefiles.

    -Steve

    Stephen Buckmelter wrote:
    > I'm having the same issue, but could not find a solution in the
    > archives. Can anyone help out?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Steve
    >
    > -------------------ORIGINAL POST-------------------------
    > Hi all,
    >
    > While trying to install v0.9.7e of openssl on a Solaris 9 machines , the
    > build completes fine, but it bombs out during make install and display
    > followin error :
    >
    > installing fips... making install in fips/sha1... sh: syntax error at
    > line 2: `;' unexpected *** Error code 2 make: Fatal error: Command
    > failed for target `install' Current working directory
    > /usr/local/openssl/fips/sha1 *** Error code 1 make: Fatal error: Command
    > failed for target `install' Current working directory
    > /usr/local/openssl/fips *** Error code 1 make: Fatal error: Command
    > failed for target `install_sw'
    >
    > The compiler is the Sun Workshop compiler and make as installed in
    > /usr/ccs/bin/make.
    >
    > Regards
    > jimi

    NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended
    information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
    distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
    recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
    all copies of the original message.

    • portable makefiles with f90 modules
      ... What is the current status of designing portable makefiles (on ... unix-like OSs and beyond) in large programming projects with f90 ... I'm assuming in a large project that source code is spread across ... files (or whatever they happen to be called by that compiler). ...
      (comp.lang.fortran)
    • Re: compiling VS6 C++ in VS2005 using a makefile
      ... using the VS2005 compiler) to produce two ATL COM servers. ... If you really want to stick with makefiles, ... IDE is able to take advantage of it by parallelizing some builds (at the ... ..dep files, generated by VS 6.0, for this. ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.language)
    • Compiling but not linking correctly
      ... makefiles and running their script from the cygwin shell (with the VC80 ... have all the object files I need for linking but somehow the compiler ... is not getting the correct instruction to fetch these object files. ... external symbols but do not know where these symbols are coming from. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • Re: Standard Ada Preprocessor (Was: why ada is so unpopular ?)
      ... can have declarations that *won't* compile on some compiler. ... > different makefiles for Aonix and Gnat. ... with some kind of build process and/or CM. Separate makefiles (if you ... environments are *not* always identical. ...
      (comp.lang.ada)