StoreADE 2.4 - strange issue

From: SMITH, Kev (kev.smith_at_atosorigin.com)
Date: 09/05/05

    To: sunmanagers@sunmanagers.org
    Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:57:49 +0100

    All,

    We are running storeade 2.4 with 117650-45 & 117654-45 installed. It is a
    simple setup with one master monitoring some 6320's, some FC tape drives and
    a bunch of switches.

    After the server it runs on [which is also a DNS server] was rebooted last
    week, I am now getting an error on the java console stating:

    "Invalid setup. The Storage A.D.E engine is not configured as a Master. The
    Master Storage A.D.E engine is located at : indadmwht"

    Funny, thing is that indadmwht IS the master and there are no other master
    servers configured.

    Could this be somesort of lookup issue with the localhost & DNS

    Any help appreciated

    Thanks

    ------------------------------
    Kev Smith
    Unix Team Leader
    Atos Origin, IND Croydon

    * Mob : 07733 311 638
    * Tel : 020 8760 3358
    * Mail : 1st Floor, E Block, Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2YB

    not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

    • Re: Forestprep
      ... Setup failed while installing sub-component Microsoft Exchange ... The Exchange Server Setup Progress.log file shows the following: ... >>> or the other operations master role holders. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
    • Re: SMB Browser Election Thread (Was: Case for an occasional system refresh or clean install)
      ... My Samba experiences are quite old, ... master, and it usually always would be (could be messed up if I ever had ... someone bring a Windows 2000 server to the LAN). ... ## Tim: I am the master... ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Taking over Operations Master / DC roles
      ... > that with the exception of the Single Master Roles." ... my gameplan is to get the server updated and all info copied... ... Get the DNS setup and all my other odds and ends to the point that they are ... >> mapped install directory, and a time server. ...
    • Re: Get Segmentation Fault when Building Sybase
      ... Doing ldd on the dataserver executable reveals that linux-gate is being used on 32 bit systems for system calls, but not on 64 bit, so any dodgy calls would be handled better on the 64 bit system. ... Building Adaptive Server 'LOCALHOST': ... Building master device... ... No external security mechanisms will be supported. ...
      (comp.databases.sybase)
    • Re: Disaster Recovery Plan
      ... preferable to restoring a master tape, ... Server and a HP tape drive. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)