cut up large file

Thanks for all the responses, split is obviously me best option and it
worked great.

Paul

Guru's,
I have a very large ldif (text file) that I would like to split up into
multiple files, approximately 5-10 smaller ones. It doesn't matter where
I start chopping up the original file, what tool would best work for
this, I'm not too familiar with sed, but I think this might serve my
purpose.

p.s.
I want to avoid a lengthy cut/paste process with my mouse if possible.

  • Re: ...Why Cant I get an Answer from this NG to this Simple Question
    ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... our fellow posters, but it has not fooled us all. ... responses never develop beyond a certain point, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: shadow copy - efs - compression
    ... Paul & Roger, ... I use all resources available to get answers. ... your responses (excluding the suggestion to post in a more appropriate ...
  • Re: painkiller identity..
    ... > BTW, Paul, thanks for all this protection & support, etc. ... >>>Your little buddy brought you into the fray by falsely claiming that my ... >> responses - from multiple folk. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: America Needs a Better Tax System
    ... Use caution when receiving responses from this infamous gadfly who prowls ... As an ever present internet "troll," Paul ... Thomas delights in starting arguments and sowing discord. ... Troll Thomas sees internet communications as a venue for his bizarre games. ...
    (misc.taxes)
  • Re: Drawing a curve
    ... Rhetorical questions don't normally get answers, but, Paul, inspite of few ... responses, you do help -- you help me, and usually I'm not the initial post. ... pencil and freeform tools but there is nothing relevant. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)