SUMMARY: vi commands on command line with ksh

Thanks for all of the responses. The command is set -o vi, in the
.kshrc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cohen, Laurence
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:12 AM
To: 'sunmanagers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: vi commands on command line with ksh

Is there an entry I need to put in my .profile or .kshrc to enable vi
commands at the command line for ksh?

Thanks!

Larry Cohen

  • Re: Aliasing cd to a function under ksh88
    ... I unconditionally define the function and alias in my .kshrc. ... Early ksh is not verbose enough here. ... My command shell is ksh and unlikely to change. ... there isn't much differentiation between ksh88 and ksh93 via Google, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Set -o Vi Causes core dump and segmentation fault
    ... set -o vi command and nothing happened. ... different from the parent shell's editor it causes this segmentation ... Our parent shell is bash and the editor is set (by /etc/ ... If you then spawn a ksh subshell,run set -o vi, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Set -o Vi Causes core dump and segmentation fault
    ... some kernel changes are made. ... set -o vi command and nothing happened. ... different from the parent shell's editor it causes this segmentation ... If you then spawn a ksh subshell,run set -o vi, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Set -o Vi Causes core dump and segmentation fault
    ... set -o vi command and nothing happened. ... After a day of divide and conquer on 18 scripts we have figured ... different from the parent shell's editor it causes this segmentation ... If you then spawn a ksh subshell,run set -o vi, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: getting current directory
    ... Not if /bin/sh is a symlink to zsh (in which case zsh emulates ... /usr/xpg4 in turn certainly is a Solaris specific path. ... >> To work around a bug in most kshs. ... But "command" itself happens to fork and exec a command, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)