building perl modules on Solaris 9

Hi,

I'm working on Sun Sparc 9.

I have a bunch of existing web applications
to get running from a dead x86 Solaris box.
Most of them use mod_perl modules.

I had gcc3 and gmake from Sunfreeware,
using pkg-get from Blastwave

I could get most perl modules to install OK
using perl -MCPAN -e method and the Sun Perl.

I ran into an error getting DBI compiled/installed.

At that point I read about the GNU synergy and
installed perl 5.8.7 from sun freeware.

Now I have problems building most modules.
The build ends like so:

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

I see you're using perl 5.008007 on sun4-solaris, okay.
Remember to actually *read* the README file!
Use 'make' to build the software (dmake or nmake on Windows).
Then 'make test' to execute self tests.
Then 'make install' to install the DBI and then delete this working
directory before unpacking and building any DBD::* drivers.

Writing Makefile for DBI
-- NOT OK

I'm puzzled as to why it thinks we are running perl 5.0
The perl in my path is showing 5.8.7 with -V.
I thought perhaps I should install cpan again
since I have a newer perl, but that also fails like
above.

Does anyone have a hint to share?

Thanks...

--Donald Teed

  • Problem of DBI build
    ... I installed Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.2 included perl module. ... I need to installe DBI and DBD::Oracle module. ... You can install them any time after installing the DBI. ... line 318: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Problem of DBI build
    ... I installed Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.2 included perl module. ... I need to installe DBI and DBD::Oracle module. ... You can install them any time after installing the DBI. ... line 318: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Any Oracle DBA Around ???? - Perl DBI of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Install
    ... like the fish on your site ... ... I agree with your suggestion about hacking one of the OEM Perl script ... existence of the file DBI.pm enough to say that DBI is installed? ... am wanting to try out and install oracletool or orcaware. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Installing DBI and DBD::TSM
    ... I am having trouble installing DBI. ... This is perl, v5.8.0 built for aix-thread-multi ... blib/lib/DB ... You can install them any time after installing the DBI. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Problem of installing DBI packages
    ... my curent configuration of HP Unix system is as below: ... When i do>>perl makefile.PL, ... You can install them any time after installing the DBI. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)