USB drive causes lock up on SunBlade 100
- From: "Cohen, Laurence" <Laurence_Cohen@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:46:49 -0400
I've got a SunBlade 100 running Solaris 9 118558-05. I plugged in a USB
hard drive, and tried to reboot using boot -r. The system would not
boot until I turned off the USB drive. After it booted, I turned the
drive back on, and tried stopping and starting vold. I still couldn't
see the drive. Then I tried running format, and it just sat there and I
couldn't even kill the process. Running prtconf has the same result.
Just sits there and I can't kill it. I also tried devfsadm. This will
sit there and do nothing, but I can kill this process. Am I missing a
driver or a patch or something? I tried looking on Sunsolve and can't
find anything about this. Any ideas?
Laurence H Cohen
sunmanagers mailing list
- Prev by Date: DVD based backup solution for V240
- Next by Date: NIS and LDAP coexisting on a Solaris 10 box - is it possible?
- Previous by thread: DVD based backup solution for V240
- Next by thread: NIS and LDAP coexisting on a Solaris 10 box - is it possible?