How to break to ok prompt V120
- From: Don Ratliff <ddratliff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 05:59:07 -0800 (PST)
I have a V120 inherited from another group, it has
solaris 2.8 on it. And, of course, I don't know or
have access to the root password. I have LOM access
via the serial port of a PC running windows/ Tera
When i type console or break from the LOM, i get
prompted for the login of the OS. I found where #.
gets me back to the LOM. and somewhere found a ##.
should get me to the ok prompt, but it doesn't, it
just goes back to the LOM. I tried reset from the LOM
and it reboots the system, but I don't know the break
sequence to drop to the ok prompt. Or is there a
break or key sequence to get to the ok prompt from the
LOM... auto-boot is set to true...
Any know of a way besides calling SUN support to break
into the ok prompt? the ultimate goal is to install a
new OS from the net...
thanks , Don
$420k for $1,399/mo.
Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage?
Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
sunmanagers mailing list
- Prev by Date: Increasing the /var partition under veritas control
- Next by Date: SUMMARY: SC 3.1 U4 on Sol 10 x86 + Ora 10g
- Previous by thread: Increasing the /var partition under veritas control
- Next by thread: Veritas ASL for Sun StorageTek 6540