SUMMARY: Sun branded Emulex HBA

Thanks for all the replies. Most replies recommended using prtdiag and
looking at the pci device name. An LP10000-S for example would be a
Sun card.

I've found another method is to install the EMLXemlxu package. See
tha output below. This utility can be used to select the Sun emlxs
driver of the lpfc driver for the emulex card. Note - Sun branded
emulex cards can only use the emlxs driver.

Regards,
Vic

/opt/EMLXemlxu/bin/emlxdrv

EMLXDRV Driver Management Utility, Version 1.00j
COPYRIGHT (c) 2004-2005 Emulex. All rights reserved.

Driver Alias Present Boot Sun Models
emlxs lpfs no no no LP8000S and LP9002S (SBUS)
emlxs f800 no no no LP8000 and LP8000DC
emlxs f900 no no no LP9002, LP9002C, LP9002DC, and LP9402DC
emlxs f980 no no no LP9802 and LP9802DC
emlxs fa00 yes no no LP10000, LP10000DC and LP10000ExDC
emlxs fd00 no no no LP11000 and LP11002
emlxs fe00 no no no LPe11000 and LPe11002
emlxs f0a5 no no no 2G Blade Adapter (emlxs only)
emlxs fc00 no no yes LP10000-S and LP10000DC-S
emlxs fc20 no no yes LPe11000-S and LPe11002-S

Available commands:
set_emlxs <Alias> - Sets emlxs driver to bind to the specified device(s)
set_emlxs_sun - Sets emlxs driver to bind to all Sun devices
set_emlxs_all - Sets emlxs driver to bind to all devices
set_lpfc <Alias> - Sets lpfc driver to bind to the specified device(s)
set_lpfc_nonsun - Sets lpfc driver to bind to all non-Sun devices
clear_dev <Alias> - Clears driver binding to the specified device(s)
clear_lpfc - Clears all lpfc driver bindings
clear_emlxs - Clears all emlxs driver bindings
clear_sun - Clears driver bindings to all Sun devices
clear_nonsun - Clears driver bindings to all non-Sun devices
clear_all - Clears driver bindings to all devices
q - Exits this program.

emlxdrv>