Summary: New Daylight Saving Time (DST) and Solaris 8
- From: boxyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:33:03 -0500
Thanks to all who responded.
The unanimous answer is that a reboot is required to implement the new
Also, Darren added these comments:
If you do not reboot, only new processes will see the new timezone
files. Any process that was launched before the patches will have the
old data in memory. So, if you have something like Oracle, you'd need
to restart it, and in some cases that's just about as hard as rebooting.
Can support for the new DST be implemented without a reboot, as
directed in patch 109809-04?
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and
industry-leading spam and email virus protection.
sunmanagers mailing list
- Prev by Date: SUMMARY: V880 serial console hung
- Next by Date: Failed backups
- Previous by thread: Weird console characters on E3500
- Next by thread: Failed backups