SUMMARY: sys-unconfig in solaris 10
- From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:22:01 -0500
I asked why sys-unconfig did not cause sysidtool to run after the reboot
on an x4200 running solaris 10. I didn't get an answer to this question.
I don't know if that means it does work for others and I'm just lucky
or if sys-unconfig is busted and nobody uses it anymore.
Micah DesJardins suggested a touch of /reconfigure and reboot as a method.
This did not cause sysidtool to fire up for me either.
Richard Skelton asked me what /etc/.sysIDtool.state and /etc/.UNCONFIGURED
looked like wrt http://sysunconfig.net/unixtips/sysunconfig_sol8.txt
I changed them as suggested and that did not cause sysidtool to start.
There were two posts on various files to edit by hand to change the
/etc/hosts change the ip and the name.
/etc/hostname.hme0 put in the new hostname, It may also be Ie0 it
depends on your machine. (mine is e1000g0)
/etc/defaultrouter new gateway
/etc/nodename host name
/etc/ inet/ipnodes this is for IPv6
sunmanagers mailing list
- Prev by Date: SUMMARY: Need a quick confirmation on jre version
- Next by Date: Solaris 10 : patchadd weird issue
- Previous by thread: SUMMARY: Need a quick confirmation on jre version
- Next by thread: Solaris 10 : patchadd weird issue