SUMMARY: sys-unconfig in solaris 10

I asked why sys-unconfig did not cause sysidtool to run after the reboot
on an x4200 running solaris 10. I didn't get an answer to this question.
I don't know if that means it does work for others and I'm just lucky
or if sys-unconfig is busted and nobody uses it anymore.

Micah DesJardins suggested a touch of /reconfigure and reboot as a method.
This did not cause sysidtool to fire up for me either.

Richard Skelton asked me what /etc/.sysIDtool.state and /etc/.UNCONFIGURED
looked like wrt http://sysunconfig.net/unixtips/sysunconfig_sol8.txt
I changed them as suggested and that did not cause sysidtool to start.

There were two posts on various files to edit by hand to change the
network config:

Micah:
------
/etc/hosts change the ip and the name.
/etc/hostname.hme0 put in the new hostname, It may also be Ie0 it
depends on your machine. (mine is e1000g0)
/etc/defaultrouter new gateway
/etc/defaultdomain
/etc/nodename host name

Tom Zurita:

  • System will not config after sys-unconfig
    ... I ran sys-unconfig on a system and now the system will not prompt for ... sysidtool: not found ... The document below says after I run sys-unconfig and reboot I will be prompted ...
    (SunManagers)
  • sys-unconfig in solaris 10
    ... I needed to change networks on in sol 10 running on a X4200 ... so I ran sys-unconfig. ... On reboot, sysidtool does not run. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • How to manually sys-unconfig when single-user mode not an option?
    ... How to manually sys-unconfig when single-user mode not an option? ... I cannot reboot into single user mode to input new ... I've been asked to duplicate a remote E-450 onto another ... I do *not* have console access. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • SUMMARY: How to manually sys-unconfig when single-user mode not an option?
    ... How to manually sys-unconfig when single-user mode not an option? ... Jon Godfrey included great summaries of all files referenced in the ... along with reminders if the host was a NIS or NIS+ server. ... I cannot reboot into single user mode to input new ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: change of IP Address
    ... sys-unconfig just to change the ip?!?!? ... Use ifconfig, you don't need to reboot just to change the ip. ... Ramiro Santos ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)