prtvtoc | fmthard -s - in wrong direction, any fix?

One of our admins was replacing a disk and performed the following
command backwards.

prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s2

this should have been:

prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2

I am currently searching to find out the previous slice boundaries for
the 'good' disk. At this point running (while booted to the net in
single user) fstyp /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0 returns 'unknown_fstype'.

Any suggestions on recovery methods aside from re-installing? At this
time I do not know if I can recover the previous slice table or not.

Chad Johnson

Distributed Server Engineering

Office: 704-988-4565

Mobile: 704-607-6233

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information
for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not
the intended
recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies.
You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message, or
the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

sunmanagers mailing list