FontConfig Cache Builder service fails

Managers,

The FontConfig Cache Builder Service fails on one of our servers.

-bash-3.00$ svcs -xv
svc:/application/font/fc-cache:default (FontConfig Cache Builder)
State: maintenance since Tue Apr 08 09:08:31 2008
Reason: Start method failed repeatedly, last died on Killed (9).
See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-KS
See: man -M /usr/share/man -s 1M fc-cache
See: /var/svc/log/application-font-fc-cache:default.log
Impact: 1 dependent service is not running:
svc:/application/graphical-login/cde-login:default

This leads to xwindows not starting up.

-bash-3.00$ tail /var/svc/log/application-font-fc-cache:default.log
[ Apr 8 09:05:40 Method property group 'stop' is not present. ]
[ Apr 8 09:08:25 Executing start method ("/usr/bin/fc-cache") ]
ld.so.1: fc-cache: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: symbol FT_Get_BDF_Property: referenced
symbol not found
[ Apr 8 09:08:30 Method "start" failed due to signal KILL ]
[ Apr 8 09:08:30 Executing start method ("/usr/bin/fc-cache") ]
ld.so.1: fc-cache: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: symbol FT_Get_BDF_Property: referenced
symbol not found
[ Apr 8 09:08:31 Method "start" failed due to signal KILL ]
[ Apr 8 09:08:31 Executing start method ("/usr/bin/fc-cache") ]
ld.so.1: fc-cache: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: symbol FT_Get_BDF_Property: referenced
symbol not found
[ Apr 8 09:08:31 Method "start" failed due to signal KILL ]

It seems that there are two versions of SUNWfreetype2 installed on the
system.

-bash-3.00$ SUNWfreetype2 FreeType2 Font library
(sparc) 6.6.2.7400,REV=0.2004.12.15
-bash-3.00$ pkginfo -x SUNWfreetype2.2
SUNWfreetype2.2 FreeType 2.1.2 Font library
(sparc) 6.4.1.4000,REV=0.2003.01.10

The server is running Solaris 10 Update 4.

Is the best way of fixing this
pkgrm SUNWfreetype2
pkgrm SUNWfreetype2.2
pkgadd /path/to/good/SUNWfreetype2

or am i going to run into dependency hell?

Thanks
Karl

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication (including all attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of the named addressee(s) only and
may contain information that is private, confidential, privileged, and
exempt from disclosure under law. All rights to privilege are expressly
claimed and reserved and are not waived. Any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying or disclosure of this message and any attachments, in
whole or in part, by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
the sender immediately, delete this communication from all data storage
devices and destroy all hard copies.

  • Re: DST Changes
    ... there any special issues to be taken care. ... Scheduling - through crontab or actual scheduling packages - may have some ... Application servers and their Database servers. ... If you wish to confirm the origin or content of this communication, ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: use .net remoting?
    ... This exchange of information is within a company's intranet. ... firewall to worry about.All the servers are either win2000 or win2003 ... This communication is necessary since the "main part" of the ...
  • Losing time
    ... I mean on day 1 if the difference between two servers is 2 ... If you wish to confirm the origin or content of this communication, ... cahoot is a division of Abbey National plc. ... Abbey National plc is registered in England, ...
    (AIX-L)
  • [Full-disclosure] Re: ZoneAlarm phones home
    ... communication to the Zone Labs servers. ... Please note, as with other security software, if you disable this ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Cost of utilising existing SAN storage
    ... we have a StorEdge SE69690 SAN Storage array. ... We are considering upgrading one of our servers ... than the hardware costs? ... This communication and any accompanying ...
    (SunManagers)