NAS cluster?

Hi,

Maybe an offtopic, first of all my appologies if this is not the place
to post this question.

We're planning the storage grow strategy in our research group and we
have been thinking about the possibility to build a NAS cluster, that
is, combining different NAS devices in order to make them all work as
just one virtual device (interconnecting them through fiber, SAS, or
through the network). Just want to know if it's possible and if
someone has got to do it.

I don't mean to get a tutorial on how to do it here :) just to know if
it is possible,... and if it is, i would just find the way to do it on
my own :). Just want to know if someone's got such a thing working and
what kind of devices he/she's using.

Thanks!!
Pere Blay