Multihomed System

Hi guys,

If I had a to multihome a system with interfaces on different networks what is
the catch? I assume that I just a default route for the second interface
plumb it and that's it.

Thanks

  • Re: UDPs sendto() from two IP Addresses to IP Address from small LAN
    ... I fail to see what default route has to do with OP's issue. ... packets to different networks. ... The packets are correctly delivered. ... interfaces because routing table says so, ...
  • Interface configuration - inet6 issues
    ... Having some issues getting my interfaces configured properly. ... post-up ip route add table 100 to default via 10.0.4.1 dev eth1 ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: load balancing with a failover
    ... The tunnel interfaces have addresses ... from other network though ... Enter configuration commands, one per line. ... 1w0d: RT: delete subnet route to 192.168.128.20/30 ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: network unrachable problem [SOLVED]
    ... route show shows both interfaces, so that's very likely the cause. ... The Linux kernel changed the display order for routes. ... ifplugd calls ifup/ifdown to do its actual work. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Linking wireless and ethernet network adapters
    ... You can give both interfaces the same ... > address, on the same subnet, and tell the kernel to route packets ... > ip link set dev eth0 up name preferred ip link set dev wlan0 up name ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)