experimenting with cpu pools
- From: "RAT" <robert3t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:00:19 GMT
I am experimenting with cpu pools. System has a quad core Sparc VII. I've
created a pool, for a zone and dedicated 1 CPU. That leaves 3 for the global
zone (I'm thinking). The app in the global zone tends to eat CPU so I gave it
3 of 4 but dedicated 1 to the other system because otherwise it might get
starved (which would be bad).
Now the DBA tells me he'd rather have the reverse - or even better - a pool of
two that the two zones could share (so they each have 1 CPU plus access to two
I'm not sure how to do anything with the global zone. In the zone I can add
"set pool=app2-pool" - but how would you assign a FSS to the global zone?
Groupon™ Official Site
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off your city's best!
sunmanagers mailing list
- Prev by Date: [SUMMARY] /dev/dsk/c0xxyyzz is part of exported or potentially active ZFS pool zpool1. Please see zpool(1M)
- Next by Date: Liveugrade and ZFS
- Previous by thread: [SUMMARY] /dev/dsk/c0xxyyzz is part of exported or potentially active ZFS pool zpool1. Please see zpool(1M)
- Next by thread: Liveugrade and ZFS