Convert 10TB from UFS to VxFS
- From: "Nippani, Sreeharsha" <SNippani@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:59:42 -0400
I have a requirement to convert 10TB of data residing on UFS
file-systems to VxFS on a Sun Server with the following configuration:
O/S: Solaris 10 5/09
UFS: All UFS file-systems are SAN disks and created under SVM (metainit
DXX 1 1 CNAME)
VXFS: Veritas 5.0MP3RP5 is installed on the system.
The UFS file systems are split between EFI label (they are greater than
1TB) and SMI (under 1TB). What is the best method to convert/migrate
UFS files systems to VxFS?
1. Should I leverage "vxfsconvert" on the UFS file systems
directly? Are there risks using "vxfsconvert" ?
2. or provision matching sized disks disks in Vertias and copy the
data over (from UFS to VxFS)?
3. or provision matching sized disks disks in Vertias, mirror the
two sets of disks and then "convert" the Vertas disks from UFS to Vxfs?
If I have to do this, I will use a host migration tool like EMC Open
Migrator to mirror both sets of disks so that I can throttle I/O.
4. Or some other method?
Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]
sunmanagers mailing list
- Prev by Date: Does anyone use IPsoft/IPcenter for monitoring
- Next by Date: Sun Fire 480R boot questions
- Previous by thread: Does anyone use IPsoft/IPcenter for monitoring
- Next by thread: Sun Fire 480R boot questions