Error when running a script via cron

From: Rogers, Guy (RogersG_at_ci.wyoming.mi.us)
Date: 05/06/03

    Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 16:05:23 -0400
    To: 'List - Alpha Managers' <tru64-unix-managers@ornl.gov>

    Hello,

       I have a Script that runs fine in interactive mode.
    When I run the command without the Script
    using cron then I get the following error:

    sh: GENERIC: execute permission denied

    Cron: THe previous message is the standard output
             and standard error of the following crontab command:

    * /usr/bin/touch /usr/users/noaccess

    Thank you in advance for all of your help.

    Guy C. Rogers

    Information Systems Analyst
    City of Wyoming
    1155 - 28th Street, SW
    P.O. Box 905
    Wyoming, MI 49509-0905

    (616) 261-3526
    (616) 261-7152 (Fax)

    mailto:RogersG@ no spam ci.wyoming.mi.us
    To reply: remove "_no_spam_"

    • Re: Nmon scheduling question
      ... command ran first then in the script is the ps and kill command so it ... Vince this is a great script. ... Cron Job with pid: 135238 Failed ...
      (AIX-L)
    • SUMMARY: cron entry: nth day of every month?
      ... cron can not handle this with its own syntax. ... 21st but "command" only runs if the output of the "date" command ... What I would suggest is rather than embedding the logic in each script ... The answer is it is _not_ possible to control it only with crontab ...
      (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
    • Script wont run from cron
      ... the command line, but the same script fails when running from cron. ... The /bin/sh script runs, but when it goes to fire up the indexing process, ... set, id and limits. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Cron Job
      ... If you mean the computer itself, put that command ... The standard 'cron' runs jobs at a specific time/date. ... Init or @reboot run jobs when ... Sunday night at 02:00) then copy the script and cron entry. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Cron entry & .profile question
      ... Cron jobs can be confusing at times. ... When I run a script I wrote from ... The bourne shell uses the command "." ... Should I run my cron job as root or should I make a new cron entry ...
      (SunManagers)