Password Length

From: Gary Gallup (gary_at_nmc.edu)
Date: 10/20/04

    Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:36:00 -0400 (EDT)
    To: tru64-unix-managers@ornl.gov

    I've got a Tru64 5.1b system,
    secconfig reports it's in Enhanged Security Mode,
    but I can't enter a password longer than 8 characters.

    Any ideas what to do?

    -|- -|-
     Gary Gallup - gary@nmc.edu
     Information Technology Services
     Northwestern Michigan College
     1701 E. Front St
     Traverse City, MI 49686
     (231) 995-1097
    -|- -|-

    • Re: FreeBSD maximum password length
      ... On Jun 17, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Eduardo Morras wrote: ... If I remember well, any password longer than default size is truncated, ... characters, extra characters will be exactly trimmed. ... password for any user with a greater-equal input password string, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Kerberos 4 Authentication
      ... the kinit command fails saying bad password and klog succeeds. ... And is the password longer than 8 characters? ... Jeffrey Altman ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: SuSE Password Problem
      ... > some reason will not allow a user to have a password longer than 8 ... I've went to the YaST2 control center and tried to change the ... > maximum characters per password but that still won't allow users to change ...
      (comp.os.linux)