Problem with very large groups

From: James Hammett (james_at_che.utexas.edu)
Date: 01/12/05

    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:46:24 -0600
    To: tru64-unix-managers@ornl.gov

    We are currently using a tru64 5.1b box as our NIS master, one of our
    groups is fairly large. Whenever I try and do any sort of group
    manipulation using the tru64 tools, the large group gets split in 2.
    This breaks the group on the NIS clients.

    I've attempted to insert escaped line breaks, but it still breaks the
    NIS group on the clients.

    thanks,
    James

    James Hammett
    Users Services / Server and Lab Administration (SLAM)
    Information Technology Services ( (ITS)                          CPE 4.442
    Chemical Engineering Unix Support                                   471-9701
            An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK jr.

    • linux as nis master, tru64 as client. enhanced security prpasswd
      ... one of our nis servers running tru64 went down, ... accounts to the linux machine; that linux is our nis master now, ... until we get the tru64 machine a new disk. ...
      (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
    • Enhanced Security with NIS
      ... I have an authentication problem with tru64 running ... as NIS master and another tru64 4.0F node running as NIS client. ... The NIS client is able to bind to the server but cannot authenticate a NIS ...
      (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
    • Re: NIS4 compared to NIS3?
      ... The last time I inquired about this, it seemed it was some sort of XML ... LiveUpdate), but, for the most part, I can't duplicate it on any of the ... recommend that you download Albert Janssen's NIS Rules Viewer from ... I personally have no problems with AtGuard. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • NIS/NFS issues
      ... I am having a very strange issue on a few of my Solaris 10 NIS clients. ... After a reboot I was at the console login and could enter "root" for the ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: argus aad spam
      ... response of support or agreement apart from to me, ... So now I'm not only suppose to pay for these folks to send me the ... I don't think you should have to pay to prevent yourself from having to sort ... What has amazed me since installing NIS is how many nasty little things keep ...
      (rec.skydiving)