Problem with very large groups

From: James Hammett (james_at_che.utexas.edu)
Date: 01/12/05

    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:46:24 -0600
    To: tru64-unix-managers@ornl.gov

    We are currently using a tru64 5.1b box as our NIS master, one of our
    groups is fairly large. Whenever I try and do any sort of group
    manipulation using the tru64 tools, the large group gets split in 2.
    This breaks the group on the NIS clients.

    I've attempted to insert escaped line breaks, but it still breaks the
    NIS group on the clients.

    thanks,
    James

    James Hammett
    Users Services / Server and Lab Administration (SLAM)
    Information Technology Services ( (ITS)                          CPE 4.442
    Chemical Engineering Unix Support                                   471-9701
            An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK jr.