Cd-rom mount issue

From: Steven Frost (Steven.Frost_at_powerco.co.nz)
Date: 11/22/05

    Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:37:54 +1300
    To: "Tru64 List (E-mail)" <tru64-unix-managers@ornl.gov>

    Hi - I am trying to get a patch kit file on to Tru64 5.1 ds20 ( which
    is standalone off-network) I have written the file to a CD via my Windows XP laptop
    then on the DS20 ,
    # mount -t cdfs -o nodefperm,noversion /dev/disk/cdrom0c /cdrom
    but no files appear.
    I have just done a reversion to 5.1 as part of a test process to installupdate
    another server to 5.1A, so I am just going through some of the steps , and this
    issue has cropped up.

    Steven Frost

    POWERCO
    35 Junction Street
    Private Bag 2004
    New Plymouth
    New Zealand

    Helpdesk 0800491491
    DDI: +64 6 759 6583
    Fax: +64 6 759 6253
    Mob: +64 274 403940
    Email: Steven.Frost@powerco.co.nz
    Web: www.powerco.co.nz

    by MailMarshal

    ****************************************************************************************************************************
    CAUTION: This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, copy, distribute, disclose or use this email or any attachments. If you have received this email in error, please notify us and erase this email and any attachments. You must scan this email and any attachments for viruses.
    DISCLAIMER: Powerco Limited accepts no liability for any loss, damage or other consequences, whether caused by its negligence or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or attachments or for any changes made to this email and any attachments after sending by Powerco Limited. The opinions expressed in this email and any attachments are not necessarily those of Powerco Limited.

    ****************************************************************************************************************************

    • Re: [opensuse] Kate unusable in 12.3 via ssh remote login
      ... LAPTOP, but on the Windows machine I had previously tested from. ... Laptop running OpenSuse 12.3 and KDE. ... I launched Kate, to test out the reported problem. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: multilevel lists
      ... I don't want to download mail to the laptop because then it's virtually impossible to get the messages to my desktop for storage. ... "Stefan Blom" wrote in message ... Windows 7, I think, primarily because Windows Update works better and is more integrated with the operating system than the Windows Update site was in Windows XP. ... Microsoft Word MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.word.numbering)
    • Re: [opensuse] Kate unusable in 12.3 via ssh remote login
      ... LAPTOP, but on the Windows machine I had previously tested from. ... Laptop running OpenSuse 12.3 and KDE. ... I launched Kate, to test out the reported problem. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: multiple windows opening
      ... After uninstalling, one must download/run a removal tool to rid the machines of the "leftovers" and then reboot, preferably *before* installing another anti-virus application or security suite (e.g., OneCare). ... run Windows Update manually to make sure the machine's fully patched. ... Windows Firewall and Defender on its own. ... I have had windows live one care from the first setup of this laptop. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: another Windows nightmare
      ... after i hook this hdd up to the other laptop, will i be able to see contents ... of the windows directory. ... is that just because of the boot issue? ... You will need a computer with two cd drives, one of which is a cd/dvd-rw ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)